Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Jun 18 15:12:47 CEST 2011

Absolutely stunning Haze, many thanks to you and your mum.

You clearly had high quality equipment then and now, because they do
sound great.

It makes my Tommy Vance Folder look a bit puny, but I have some shows
here
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/01%20Shows/03%20T\
ommy%20Vance/>

Anyway Haze, as you can see, I did concentrate on the concert specials,
so please also reconsider putting your concert specials up too,
regardless whether they are available as standalone bootlegs, they
always sound better to me from within the FRS, for some reason.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "haze_harrison" <haze.harrison@...> wrote:

> Here's a list of my FRS tapes.
> This is what you can expect in the coming months although I probably
won't be doing the full concert shows as they are readily available as
better quality bootleg downloads....
> [...]
> 22/06/1979 Genesis
> 29/06/1979 Faces Ruts
> 06/07/1979 Ruts Free
> 13/07/1979 Lone Star Ted Nugent
> 13/07/1979 Tubeway Army
> 20/07/1979 King Crimson Wayne County
> 17/08/1979 Bonzo Dog Band Police
> 24/08/1979 Rory Gallagher
> 31/08/1979 Scorpions (Reading)
> 07/09/1979 Steve Hackett (Reading)
> 21/09/1979 Climax Blues Band (Reading)
> 28/09/1979 Ian Gillan (Reading)
> 05/10/1979 Van Der Graaf Generator Spyder
> 19/10/1979 Thin Lizzy Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
> 26/10/1979 Def Leppard Be Bop Deluxe
> 02/11/1979 Beatles Samson
> 09/11/1979 Caravan Preying Mantis
> 23/11/1979 Def Leppard
> 23/11/1979 Jeff Beck Queen
> 07/12/1979 Samson Tyranosaurus Rex
> 04/01/1980 AC DC Syd Barrett
> 04/01/1980 Preying Mantis
> 11/01/1980 Public Image Limited Traffic
> 18/01/1980 Iron Maiden Mott The Hoople
> 25/01/1980 Roy Harper Girl
> 08/02/1980 Cream Jimi Hendrix, Who, Pink Floyd
> 15/02/1980 Saxon Ten Years After
> 22/02/1980 Procul Harem Money
> 07/03/1980 Molly Hatchett (Reading)
> 21/03/1980 Family Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac, Status Quo
> 04/04/1980 Saxon Queen
> 11/04/1980 Tygers Of Pan Tang The Nice
> 1980-05 Flashback 69 Pink Floyd Deep Purple Yes
> 13/06/1980 Beatles Tygers Of Pan Tang
> 04/07/1980 Whitesnake (Reading 79)
> 11/07/1980 Genesis (Lyceum)
> 18/07/1980 Heads Hands and Feet Krokus ?
> 25/07/1980 Roger Waters on The Wall
> 01/08/1980 Girlschool Trespass
> 15/08/1980 Pretty Things More
> 29/08/1980 Pat Travers (Reading)
> 05/09/1980 Samson Slade (Reading)
> 12/09/1980 Def Leppard Gillan (Reading)
> 26/09/1980 Led Zeppelin 1971
> 03/10/1980 Krokus Magnum (Reading)
> 10/10/1980 Whitesnake (Reading 80)
> 31/10/1980 Nice Free, Caravan
> 28/11/1980 Damned Diamond Head
> 12/12/1980 Chevy Yes, Beatles
> 02/01/1981 Whitesnake Queen
> 09/01/1981 Saxon Atomic Rooster
> 16/01/1981 Stone The Crows Hibiscus
> 30/01/1981 Man Motorhead
> 20/02/1981 Pat Travers Magnum Samson Gillan Iron Maiden
> 06/03/1981 Black Axe Snafu
> 13/03/1981 Sweet Savage Chevy
> 20/03/1981 Nazareth Last Flight
> 27/03/1981 Steve Gibbons White Spirit
> 03/04/1981 Robin Trower Cryer
> 10/04/1981 Yardbirds Zero
> 17/04/1981 Barclay James Harvest Pretty Things Wishbone Ash Uriah Heep
> 24/04/1981 Rory Gallagher Witchfynde
> 01/05/1981 Gong Derringer
> 22/05/1981 Last Flyte Pink Floyd
> 05/06/1981 Zero Groundhogs
> 12/06/1981 Heads Hands and Feet Roxy Music Thin Lizzy David Bowie
> 19/06/1981 Spyder The Who
> 10/07/1981 Handsome Beasts 38 Special
> 14/08/1981 Deep Purple - California '74
> 28/08/1981 Atomic Rooster Gary Boyle
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "haze_harrison" haze.harrison@ wrote:
> >
> > I think in that respect TV was very much like Peely.
> > If he (and/or Tony Wilson) thought something was good he'd play it,
whether it was "rock" or not.. I know he played Duran Duran "Planet
Earth" a couple of weeks before it came out as I tried to buy it the
following day!

> > --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Michael Capewell <mickcapewell@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ha ha, I thought the Friday Rock Show was just an 18 month phase I
had around NWOBHM, but the voice and the enthusiasm, a great man!!!

> > > **** John Miles! Sparks!! Elkie Brooks!!! Crikey! It just goes to
show how much an effect the NWOBHM had on "Rock" shows post '79/80.
Nowadays, 99% of all shows that bill themselves as "Rock Shows", not
just on national radio, but on local stations and internet stations too,
have a playlist that's all thud and fuzz, with little or no imagination.
Bah! Etc...