[peel] Re: 99 Red Balloons

David Quantick davidquantick@...
Fri Jul 29 11:31:24 CEST 2011

I know he played all four sides of Mike Oldfield's Incantations in 1978.

________________________________
From: andrews353 <andrews4@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 29 July 2011, 10:02
Subject: [peel] Re: 99 Red Balloons

I guess that would be tales from topographic oceans. Its possible i do recall Peel playing both sides of Tubular Bells back in the 70s when Mike Oldfield was an unknown, but by the time of topographic oceans, Yes would be in the stadium rock category so not really the type of artist by then that Peel would champion by playing a whole double album.