400 Box (1 more)

so_it_goes_2512 so_it_goes_2512@...
Thu Jul 21 16:03:10 CEST 2011

> (Seems like a typo and the Undertones might be a bit higher up the
list, Ken).

Yes, Steve, the longest gap was discussed around the time Ken's book
came out, I seem to remember, and Culture  were left out, thus making
the list, from my own feeble calculations:

    1. Incredible String Band (27 years)

    2. Faust (26 years)
    3. Gary Numan (21 years)
    4. Undertones (20.5 years)
    5. Wire (14 years)
       6=.  Culture (13.5 years)
       6=.  Pastels (13.5 years)
       8.     June Tabor (13 years)
       9.     Pulp (11.5 years)
    10.    Orbital (11 years)

But I'm sure there was at least one other that I can't remember, and
surely David Henderson earns an honorable mention for the 12 years
between his last appearance with the Fire Engines (1981) and his first
with Nectarine No. 9 (1993). And Peel, in one of his BFBS shows claimed
a record for El Hombre Trajeado doing three sessions in the same year
(1998): actually, it was only two as Ken states, that record going to
Microdisney (1984).

Steve (TK)