Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance

andrews353 andrews4@...
Sat Jul 16 15:22:13 CEST 2011

I had the C120 of that show for years, well at least through out the 80s. It went everywhere with me, would love to know what happended to it, but what i would love to hear more is a copy of that show from 16/11/1979, so far ive not come across one. It was the first time i got to hear Stairway, lying in the dark in bed with my cans plugged into the Sanyo Ghetto Blaster. Changed my life, and that version of Stairway is still my fav.

I do recall that the chart of 1980 lost Layla and Starship Trooper which were replaced by another Yes track Awaken and Rush's 2112.

I have a poor recording of the 1983 show which also includes ACDC's "Whole Lotta Rosie", and a short recording of the top 2 from 1985 which was 2112 and Stairway, unfortunately TV does not give a rundown of the top ten between the two tracks. AFAIK Stairway was always number one.