[peel] It was ten years ago today again...again

lollygagger lollygagger@...
Thu Jul 14 16:52:49 CEST 2011

yeh I was collecting what I considered to be the best of the peel shows from about 78 by listening to each of his shows and ready with the recorder for good tracks...later I would record whole shows onto SA TDK tapes and record best tracks from those (recording over complete shows to record the next shows) I have continued to try to collect similar off beat but interesting music from dandelion radio shows..(with a bit of tinkering to improve the sound quality) also radio 1's Nihal's show, Giles Peterson and some rob da bank...

Its much harder to do the searching for good stuff rather than having it spoon fed from the peel shows. So much music is pigeon hold by type these days. I still put together a compilation of what I consider to be the best tracks of the month from these shows...so that I have a cd of the month of the best music going. At some point I would like to have a web site where I could put out in month order from 78 to date... music I have put collected but I see all kinds of pirating issues etc... I appreciate it's something of a geeky but enjoyable hobby but its also quite addictive having done it all this time. Gordon
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: MARK LUETCHFORD
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [peel] It was ten years ago today again...again

        Thomas All gratefully received especially whilst we have any gaps - its always good to be reminded that Peel was a constant companion for new generations. Most seem to like the period  when they were aged late teens early 20s. For me that would be 1979 to 85. But the purpose of this wiki is to gather the work (and related) of the purveyor of soundtracks to people's lives from the 60s through to the noughties. So do not apologise. Thanks for all of you who continue to upload. Mark