Friday Rock Show, Old Grey Whistle Test & Andy Kershaw

brockleyal brockleyal@...
Sat Jul 9 19:43:53 CEST 2011

I'm currently renovating a house on my own. I must admit to enjoying the FRS downloads as an occasional break from back-to-back Peel shows !

They are a guilty pleasure as I held Tommy Vance personally responsible at the time `Into The Music' replaced one of Peel's programmes. I remember sending him a long (and probably rude) letter at the time. To his credit, he sent me an equally long personal reply.

I certainly take the point that this is a John Peel shrine, but I'm finding all this other stuff puts the John Peel history into context. It also confirms who was playing (and saying) what – and a lot of that isn't how I thought I remembered it. Peelie playing Girl, Tommy Vance playing Buzzcocks.

And .. I'll add my sincere thanks for all the downloads while I'm here. This is a fantastic group.

Alan ..