[peel] Re: AK on JP etc

Mike Parker parkermike81@...
Thu Jul 7 12:27:42 CEST 2011

I did hear the show bill after your original chat and must say i didn`t get the overall impression that you witnessed, i take your point he may well have been better toning down his anger for harm of reputation sake but personally speaking i would rather someone showed their pub personality [still water only] if you like rather than a fake one the public feels palatable about, my main concern was that this forum could have suddenly become a feeding frenzy of ''lets bash andy'' proportions before peels [friend and mentor] even had the chance to revitalize his radio career.
mp.

--- On Thu, 7/7/11, billfromnorthwales <billfromnorthwales@...> wrote:

From: billfromnorthwales <billfromnorthwales@...>
Subject: [peel] Re: AK on JP etc
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 7 July, 2011, 0:13

I think he can take care of himself, Mike

His new book is called "No Off Switch" and you can see why!

Actually listening to the Jeremy Vine Show again, it is less of a car crash now and more a great radio moment to be savoured.

I recommend you give it a listen, about 80 minutes in.

I think I concerned he was doing his reputation harm, but not when you are publicisibg ya new book you aren't

He is still so angry about his ex missus and the entire legal system because of "an old text message that hinted at an infidelty"

Denial is not a river in Egypt, Andy

Anyway, I was surprised to read his comments about Peel:

"his default Eeyore character: grumpy, wary, slightly resentful"

"As with most self-obsessed people, there was, underlying John, a fundamental insecurity"

So roll on Radio 5 live and World Routes on Siberia on Saturday