[peel] My 1981 - 87 - 100 Box of Tapes

Stuart stuartb@...
Thu Jan 27 18:14:16 CET 2011

I suppose 100 tapes boxed might still be reasonable to post – if you end up
not being able to hand over to Rocker then I am happy to pay for postage as
I’d quite like to fast-track the ripping of the early 80s stuff!

Just wondered, what sort of equipment was the 80s stuff recorded on, and are
the tracks eclectic or a particular genre?

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
egdirdle2001
Sent: 27 January 2011 13:00
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] My 1981 - 87 - 100 Box of Tapes

Further to my mention of them the other day.

They are now all boxed up , I noticed they were tracklisted but by Artist
only. There are also a couple from 1987 , a 1988 Festive 50 , a few hours
from 1991 and 92 and a Festive 50 from 1993. Most of them are very average
FM. 1981 - 1987 have virtually all Peel links cut out.

I also have a fair few part programmes from 1998 to 2004 with better FM
quality - these have Peel linking to the song or back linking but have all
other chat cut out. . I guess I'd go as far as Bristol with them. Trouble is
that rather irritating Bridge tol of £5.50. Failing that did someone suggest
bagging them without boxes and posting them ? Problem is the Artist
tracklisting are on the boxes not the casettes and if you've ever seen
Citizen Kane ...well... they are my Rosebud.

Karl in Penarth