[peel] Moo Server or latest 400 Box help

Stuart stuartb@...
Wed Jan 26 13:58:21 CET 2011

There are quite a lot of gaps in the 1981-1987 era and as the 400 Box tapes
are nearly all AM, then if yours are FM then they would be a good sound
upgrade. I've been sharing quite a few mixtapes I made from 1982 onwards and
I have a special love for the early 80s Peel shows. 1983 is my favourite yet
it has been poorly covered so far.

Are your tapes documented? i.e. tracks & artists and/or dates. Perhaps
Rocker will amass sufficient funds to enable them to be added to the ripping
projects. Or I'm happy to do all the work myself!

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
egdirdle2001
Sent: 26 January 2011 12:18
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Moo Server or latest 400 Box help

I'm sorry about this. I would contribute some money but throughout January
and Feb I will probably be driving around with the petrol light on most of
the time. You can take that literally or metaphorically I guess.

Could someone very kindly lead me by the hand and explain how to get in to
the Moo Server , that is if I am entitled. I would love to hear the latest
400 Box stuff but can't quite work out where it is or how to get to it.

I got hold of everything up until 1984 which was magnificent. 9 months
listening... brilliant. I am downloading the 1985 shows now and again but to
me the magic went by about 1983. Not sure why... too many sweeping keyboards
perhaps.

1980 has to be the best year. I never listened regularly until 1981 and have
a lot of tapes from 1981 to 1987. Peel is all but cut out of them altogether
though and they wouldn't add to the archive that much although I'm more than
happy to hand them over. I'm just outside Cardiff but I wouldn't rush.