[peel] Patestapes

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Thu Feb 24 18:22:50 CET 2011

I've had a listen, and the mystery track is in fact the Farmer's Boys, with "Soft Drink". The track listing on the Pates site is wrong, as this is listed as the last track. The last track is actually by the Stickmen (nicely announced by Peel), which quickly fades out.

I've updated the relevant wiki page.

DM

--- On Thu, 24/2/11, Stuart <stuartb@...> wrote:

From: Stuart <stuartb@...>
Subject: [peel] Patestapes
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 24 February, 2011, 1:37

      OK, I've created Wiki pages for most of the patestapes shows that are available from his site. (Still got one to do but had enough for tonight!)

They have their own category on the wiki http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pates_Tapes

and from there the tracklistings are available.

For 1982 fans, it's quite a treat. There is one track on the Kid Bryan And The Farmers Boys / Higsons mixtape which wasn't documented on his site and wondered if anyone could identify. The drum machines do sound like the Farmers but the vocals are a bit more Pete Burns. That tape also has a great session track from Wild Weekend that I'd never heard before. And I was a bit surprised to find a Culture Club single on that tape!

Stuart

Weatherman22 on wiki