2 new shows

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Dec 17 03:57:37 CET 2011

Wow, special Christmas present for us here, thanks Pete.

The sound is quite good, I think

I joined the files, if that makes it easier for anyone to listen to.

16th August 1976 (Cream) single file is HERE
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/01%20John%20Peel/\
1976-08-16%20John%20Peel%20BBC%20Radio%201%20%28Cream%29.mp3>

20th August 1976 (Beatles) single file is HERE
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/01%20John%20Peel/\
1976-08-20%20John%20Peel%20BBC%20Radio%201%20%28Beatles%29.mp3>

Some strange things went on in the original splitting, but I think it's
back together fairly seemlessly now

BFNW

--- In peel@...m, Pete Conkerton <klacktoveedesteen@...>
wrote:

> ...I think. Can't see them on the wiki anywhere...
>
> 16th August 1977 (Cream retrospective) is here:
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=STMZ9WWB
>
> 20th August 1977 (Beatles retrospective) is here:
>
> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2HRY2A7
>
> About 55 minutes of each, quality not great but eminently listenable.
The bad news is that both are chopped into tracks, the Cream one
apparently completely at random. I've just uploaded them exactly as they
came to me, I'll have to leave it to the more technically able & less
time-constrained to do the audio jiggery-pokery, sort the wiki details
out etc.

> Background: A mate of mine's parents, recently retired, have started
digging around in the attic & digitising their old tape collection -
they thought I might be interested in these...there may be many more to
come, or there may be none at all. I'll be seeing said mate early next
year (in Prague, for his 40th birthday celebrations), I'll see if I can
extract any more information between rounds. Meanwhile, enjoy!