More festive 50 fun

Stuart stuartb@...
Wed Dec 14 07:07:05 CET 2011

I agree Jake, I always found Atmosphere it dirge-like even by their standards, and would never actively choose to listen to it. Though can imagine it as part of a moody film soundtrack. It would have spoiled Unknown Pleasures if it had been on that album.

I always did like Love Will Tear Us Apart though, combination of lyrics and that its daytime play really opened me up to the band, though hearing the Peel Session version for the first time was a revelation, particularly Stephen Morris' alternative performance perfectly captured by the BBC engineers

Stuart