[peel] John's 40th Birthday - 30th August 1979

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Wed Aug 24 22:35:36 CEST 2011

Thanks a second time in the same night. Having just finished listening
to the whole 40th birthday show, it  has rapidly become my new favourite
best ever John Peel show. There were few shows when he was quite so
chatty and at one with the world.  It interesting though, when he plays
something as old as Shep and the Limelites it seems from another world,
yet in purely decade terms it is only like Annie Nightingale playing The
Clash.

Now looking forward to listening to his 50th birthday show....

John