XTC, but not Peel?

haze_harrison haze.harrison@...
Fri Aug 19 14:18:57 CEST 2011

Hi David,

Did you ever find out where your Statue Of Liberty came from?

When you first asked I thought it might come from a 1980 BBC In Concert but when I looked on Transistor Blast CD4 it wasn't included so I concluded my memory was playing tricks (again).

However, my cassette of the broadcast has come to the top of the ripping pile and SoL is the last track before Tommy Vance does the credits.

Sadly I missed the first few minutes of "Life Begins At The Hop" but that is on the CD so no great loss. The CD version has two tracks not originally broadcast and my tape has three tracks not on the CD

I have uploaded my rip of the broadcast (sorry I can't do the Mooo at the moment)
https://rapidshare.com/files/1969840278/1980-12-22_XTC.mp3

Here is a combined tracklisting of Transistor Blast CD4 and the broadcast show....
Life Begins At The Hop
Helecopter (not on CD)
Burning With Optimism's Flame
Love At First Sight