[peel] Re: Available shows spreadsheet?

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Fri Aug 12 21:51:44 CEST 2011

sounds like a really good plan to create a  useful reference tool although not certain will resolve issue of Tom's shipping costs. someone will still need to go thru the pickies of tapes to see if we need any. I think Haze said that the blessed Tom didn't have much time to sort out - so even if we identify that we want a few tapes through such a process we will have to pay for teh lot. It also means taht saving costs by flatpacking and referencing won't be possible. BUT the first quote ($250) is mighty high. personally I think we should try and save them for posterity but can't see how we can cover this - are there any American cousins or UK folk with extended family members who travel regularly to UK/US and are part of this group who could bring them back to blighty? Very long shot but the excess baggage may well be cheaper ...which city does Tom live in?

________________________________
From: steve <saipanda@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 12 August 2011, 18:18
Subject: [peel] Re: Available shows spreadsheet?

Ha, knew Steve would know!

Going back to Tom's treasure trove of tapes, if we had a full list of the Radio One show dates that we could put up on the wiki for reference, we could share the clicking through duties on the blue link dates and copy over any recording data (full or partial show, length, quality, etc) to the main list page.

Think we'd pretty soon have a list with all the needed info.

Just an idea.

Cheers,

SW