Potential trove of shows...

haze_harrison haze.harrison@...
Thu Aug 11 14:47:01 CEST 2011

I have been exchanging e-mails with Tom Roche regarding his collection
of tapes from the 90's and this is the reason I asked earlier about a
spreadsheet of available shows. Tom has given permission for me to copy
part of his latest e-mail to the group....
Your note from last month prompted me to begin culling all my Peel tapes
into  one place - they were in an attic and a loft and a closet and
kitchen and etc.  Now they are in one place. The rough tally is about
275 tapes! Mostly the 1990s  but a few from 85-90.

Perhaps 80 are mono normal bias BBCWS half hour  shows recorded off
satellite. Maybe another 10 are actual shorwave recordings  captured
here in Atlanta. Then the other 175 or so are hi-bias UK FM stereo
recordings, and more than half of those are on 100 min blanks and not
the usual  90 minute blanks.

The bad news is that the whole trove weighs about 53  pounds which will
cost dearly to ship.

I dont have time to copy them, or  even create an index of what I've
got. So I've taken pictures of the tapes so  you and others can gauge
how to proceed.
What I'd suggest is that you or I re-post this to the whole list, and
I'll put  the attached pictures in the group's files section. Maybe if I
could get some  sort of spreadsheet or list of shows that already are in
the archive complete  and good quality, I could subtract those from what
I might ship  over.

Then, considering that some money materialized from somewhere when  that
opportunity to acquire that 400 box off ebay arose... maybe some readers
could throw a quid or three in my Paypal account for the shipping costs
and then  I'd try to pay the rest.

I have asked Tom to get an estimate of the shipping costs for the whole
collection to the UK so we know what we are looking at. Unless there is
someone Stateside who can take on the ripping (which would be the
cheaper option) I'd be more than happy to rip any unshared shows...
Haze