[peel] Re: Another part of a BFBS show from 1988

Jimmy Stepek jimmystep@...
Fri Apr 15 03:14:28 CEST 2011

I toured round Netherlands in a Renault 4 van in 1978 and we popped into Aachen, hoping to get our passport stamped. Nobody at the border! Headed over into Belgium, nobody at the border! Back into Aachen, had a beer and I think I might have bought a record (note:check record shop bags collection) before we headed on to Koln. I have to say, the only experience I have ever had of vertigo was going up the spirral staircase in Cologne Cathedral. There was a point when the whole city vista opened up and i had to finish the last 20 meters or so with my eyes closed holding onto the staircase. My mind just went BLAAAHHHH. Totally irrational but mindnumbingly horrible!