[peel] Another part of a BFBS show from 1988

Michael Capewell mickcapewell@...
Fri Apr 15 01:46:42 CEST 2011

Hello Michael,
thank You very much for the nostalgic sharing of your experiences back then.
That was more than refreshing.
Cheers
Ralf

****Hey Ralf it was just the ramblings of an squaddie :-)
As I said, I spent most of the 80s in Germany, working my way Westwards. Started
off in Berlin, just opposite Spandau jail (I was part of Hess' guard for a few
months too)...then Munster, Bielefeld and finally a little place called Birgelen
on the Dutch border, just north of Heinsberg. Absolutely lovely country and the
locals were generally amazing people too.
I won't bore you with the time that Steve Wright came to Bielefeld in 1987 to do
a Radio 1 Roadshow. I saw him playing carpet bowls in the Sergeant's mess! He
had to borrow a tie and pair of 'proper' trousers before he was allowed in.
Complete prat he was too! He was jealous because his Road show 'Co-Star' got all
the attention. It was Samantha Fox y'see...anyway...enough, this is way off
track :-)