'In Concert' Sad Cafe, Red Noise etc

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Thu Apr 14 10:56:21 CEST 2011

> 1f. Re: 'In Concert'  Sad Cafe, Red Noise etc
>     Posted by: "MARK LUETCHFORD" M.Luetchford@...
> m.luetchford@...
>
> didn't he play with some else too? A stint in Siouxie or something?
> I can remember Peel commenting that Bill and Pete Hammill were part
> of a very small band of people that he would always listen to what
> they released as he rather suspected that they knew more about
> music than he did... and he knew a lot!

Great to hear that Red Noise live set - I never saw them live at the
time, though I saw Bill solo a few years ago (sadly, not the Be Bop
reunion either, just solo instrumental stuff). I think that he, and
Hammill too (saw Van der Graaf the other week!) would occasionally
pop into the show for a chat. Bill would bring along new material,
which was later released on his fan club label (I think I'm recalling
all this correctly...)

I don't think he ever played with Siouxsie, but he was in the
Invisible Girls, a backing band (supergroup) for Pauline Murray and
John Cooper Clarke, which also included Pete Shelley, Martin Hannett
and Vini Reilly among others.

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e:
editor@...