My Peel Sessions

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Mon Apr 11 18:51:09 CEST 2011

I think this compression was nothing compared to the "Loudness Wars"
that CD manufacturers are engaged in, as anyone who has looked at the waveform of a CD version compared to a vinyl version of a track when, for example, trying to patch a Peel show from the 70's or 80's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

Low bit rate encoding crunchiness on current digital transmissions is still worse to my ears than compressed FM