[peel] PatesTapes

Paul Webster paul@...
Thu Apr 7 21:28:02 CEST 2011

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:42:50 +0100, you wrote:

<snip>

>While I'm thinking of it, I've never heard Dandelion Radio either.
Interesting - we have been going for nearly 5 years.
We would love feedback (not just Alan) from people who listen or don't listen.
We may well build a survey form and drop a note here about it (don't want to flood this list with praise and brackbats
for us).

>Are there any downloads available?
Not from us - however, it is something that we have looked in to.
Our licence allows us to provide only on-line streaming.
We have been discussing alternatives - e.g.
- a redux version (DJ words and trimmed tracks - but we don't like that idea much)
- make downloads available of special shows with royalty (etc) free tracks only (either as declared by artist/label or
get specific permission)
- put one hour shows on soundcloud (how do they provide that service for free yet still pay PRS etc?)

In nay case - you get 20-30 hours of music every month by simply tuning on online at http://www.dandelionradio.com

>I'd be interested in hearing the latest festive 50.
See above for the problems - however, if you just want to hear the tracks in the right order (no DJ chat) then you can
find them via a YouTube playlist (and about half of them on last.fm).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV_astp3BjM&feature=BF&list=PL520DF20916AABEA4&index=1
http://www.last.fm/group/Dandelion+Radio/forum/44130/_/196741/1#f14347568
http://dandelionradio.com/2010festive50.htm

>Alan