Most surprising records played

Humphrey thebarguest@...
Sat Sep 11 22:31:37 CEST 2010

>>He helped me see the light and aqualung and seconds out left my >>collection.

"Funnily" enough, when a certain Mr Rotten met a Mr Anderson of said Tull combo, the former told the latter that he loved the 'Aqualung' album. Of course, Lydon couldn't have said that during the punk 'killing fields' era ! Looking back now, hippy/prog and punk were both brimming with youthful idealism and naivety - I enjoy both types depending on my mood -it's all "rock". Peely certainly enjoyed both - I'm sure he played quite a bit of BJH in 1977 ... A lot of the old rock (and folk-rock) bands celebrated our glorious British countryside eg Steeleye, Floyd's "Animals" and Tull's "Song From The Wood" ; I love hearing farm animals in reggae/dub as well. Punk and new-wave were totally urban as far as I remember - Magazine even did a (great) song about disliking the wilderness ('Back To Nature').

Regrads,
John Toblerone