Most surprising records played

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Thu Sep 9 19:21:51 CEST 2010

> 3.2. Re: Most surprising records played
>     Posted by: "steve lippert" stemail1@...
> stemail1@...
>     Date: Wed Sep 8, 2010 2:14 pm ((PDT))
>
> Has there been a 'complete and utter favourite Peel tracks' thread
> before my
> joining this (wonderful) group? If not I'd love to just mention
> that when John
> played DeTestimony by Finitribe, my mind was utterly blown - and I
> haven't quite
> felt the same since!!!

Ah - I think Peel always referred to this as "the one with the bells
on it". Which is now how I refer to it too, if pressed.

I'm not sure we've had a "utter favourite tracks" thread. Though we
must have done, maybe a few years ago. I have probably mentioned
hearing 'Fall of Saigon' by This Heat before, but I'll do so again.
Hearing that come out from under the pillow was a formative
experience for sure...

On another thread, Adam Ant was in Bazooka Joe and was supported by
the PIstols, I'm sure, and Marco was in The Models. As a working
journalist I know that I shouldn't really trust WIkipedia, but I did
want to check as I thought Marco's band was maybe The Cortinas. Both
third division punk acts (with apologies to second division punk acts)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Ant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Pirroni

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...   e: editor@...