Most surprising records played

steve saipanda@...
Mon Sep 6 13:01:17 CEST 2010

Good call by Thomas. It was by Nora O'Connor on the Bloodshot compilation "Down To The Promised Land".

Wiki search finds three plays:
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/13_June_2001
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/16_May_2001
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/14_August_2001

Remember the comments on Waits too, but not sure which of these it was on.

In a similar vein, thought I remembered Steve writing a blog on unexpected plays at Teenage Kicks. Can't seem to find it now (maybe it was somewhere else), but seem to recall such names as Wham and Duran Duran cropping up.

My own favourite was him playing Barbara Cartland - twice - on late 70s/early 80s shows that turned up in the 400 Box.

Cheers,

SW