[peel] Most surprising records played

Thomas Blatchford tabdrinkink74@...
Mon Sep 6 11:14:04 CEST 2010

i do remember him playing a cover of 'It Looks Like I'm Up Shit Creek Again'
sometime (within the last five years of shows) and back-announcing it by saying
that he never liked Tom Waits at all but maybe after hearing that song he should
give him another try. Not sure if it ever happened.

________________________________
From: David Quantick <davidquantick@....uk>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 6 September, 2010 9:18:56
Subject: Re: [peel] Most surprising records played

and when he sat in for Anne Nightingale, he would play Randy Van Warmer (whose
name was a favourite with him, clearly) and once back announced a record by
saying, "And that was a load of Ships from Ian Hunter."

I'd like to see a list of Peel's Dislikes - most were canny and more obvious,
like U2, but if he didn't play Tom Waits, he probably saw him, as some people
do, as a bit of a put-on. Who knows?