[peel] IMPORTANT: 60s-70s Peel Shows

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Tue Oct 5 20:43:41 CEST 2010

> <<A member of this list has contacted me to let me know that he has
> around 60 hours of Peel on reel to reel covering a period from 1968-1977 (plus
> some tracklistings). He lives in Bourne End, Buxks, and would be happy to
> meet someone at a motorway service station not far from home to have the
> recordings collected and digitised.
> If anybody would be prepared to do this and pass them on to a person with
> such equipment for ripping, please reply, as this could be a boon for all.
>
> Best wishes
> Steve (TK)>>

I have both a Revox half track 1/4" machine (up to 10" reel) and a Teac 1/4
track 1/4" Machine (up to 7" reel), and a big bottle of headcleaning fluid,
so am probably well equipped for this gig. I also regularly drive the M4
into London, which is but a short detour from our tapehoarder.

Regular listees will know that I have very little spare time, but if speed
is not important I would be happy to add this pile of tapes to all the
cassettes currently filling my spare bedroom - and the reels would get
prioritised!

Cheers!

Rocker