[peel] Re: BOP: "a snake on heat"

Mike Parker parkermike81@...
Sun Oct 3 15:01:10 CEST 2010

hi stuart,
basically i would record the whole show on a chrome c120 master tape and listen live at the same time noting the times of any interesting peel comments and tracks that appealed to my tastes,some show tracks needed to be heard twice before i could give them the simon cowell seal of approval to apply to a tape to tape in the morning which was a laboriously slow task to get everything in some sort of sync to give the finished tapes the sound of actually sounding complete rather than a mish mash of cut ups,i hated wasting tape space so admittedly the ends of some volumes had segments of other shows but on the most part they were done in chronological order[i listened to about 95% of shows from 1990 onwards] and the only way they could be dated was session dates/peel comments, i never kept any specific date information.
cheers
your local mp.

--- On Sun, 3/10/10, Stuart <stuartb@...> wrote:

From: Stuart <stuartb@...>
Subject: [peel] Re: BOP: "a snake on heat"
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 3 October, 2010, 6:22

Thanks for this! I'm just getting into the 1990s now with my own mixtapes.

Mike, I've noticed that quite a few of the Best Of tapes are not recorded in chronological order, which is foiling my attempts to date some of the tracks. I'm wondering how you actually made up these tapes, i.e. did you make them from more complete master tapes? And do you have any further date info or true track order info over and above those mentioned in the Wiki?

Not that I can talk, I'm constantly busy trying to date my own tapes which I didn't bother to do twenty years ago and wish I had!

Stuart