[peel] Peel and 6 Music?

Jan Buxton janbuxton@...
Fri Mar 5 09:39:57 CET 2010

Its OK Colin, I'm a massive supporter of 6Music but I'm also uncomfortable
with the use of Peel references. John Peel was 2 hours of records not
usually played elsewhere, mostly new, and he had his own likes and dislikes,
human imperfections etc. 6Music is in many ways more ambitious in scope, in
actually attempting to have a 24/7 station that just plays good music.
Within that new music, old music that doesn't get played anymore, and some
that does, weird music, genre music, straightahead music. From giving even
massive bands like Radiohead (btw I will never forgive JP for being unmoved
by there Glasto 97 performance) play next time they release a record (I
question how much interest R1 and R2 will have), to the newbies like Ellie
Goulding etc. From Daytime to the Freak Zone. And 6Music isn't perfect but
its a radio station I can switch on and listen to all day without turning
off. But it isn't John Peel, I probably couldn't listen to him all day after
all.

--
Jan
http://janb1982.blogspot.com/