Enough with the Festive Fifties already!

ray_b2 tressell@...
Wed Mar 3 19:38:52 CET 2010

Two more yuletide shows for you... this time chart rundowns only, but filling a bit of a gap in our fossil records for 1979.

27/12/79 (38 mins): http://www.mediafire.com/?agmnlzmmf4j
01/01/80 (36 mins): http://www.mediafire.com/?mykmjnhnhmj

The 27/12 segment was missing a few seconds at the start & finish, which I was able to patch from other sources. I think both of these sound pretty respectable given their age; the 1/1 show in particular is significantly better than the copy previously posted.

I do have other material from the 1979 rundown (session tracks & nos.50-20), but without Peel's links. Given that pretty much all of these tracks are available elsewhere, I don't plan on posting them here.

A brief note about the 1/1 recording... I found, on a separate tape, a few seconds from what I believe to be the start of that show, when Peel allegedly played the infamous Martian Schoolgirls track. I added it to my 1/1 recording but I cannot be certain it belongs to this show (although it certainly sounds like it).