Re: [peel] An ­affront to the memory of John Peel.

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Mon Mar 1 13:23:14 CET 2010

At 10:06 01/03/2010, you wrote:

>I had look at the listening figures from last year. Quite interesting
>
><http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/05_may/07/rajar.shtml>http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/05_may/07/rajar.shtml
>
>It would be an interesting experiment to do a digital/FM swap
>between Radio 3 (check out their listening figures compared to the
>rest of the FM BBC stations)and 6Music for a year.
>
>A shame they would never have the balls to do it. If 6music was on
>FM the ratings for Radio 1& 2 would probably fall through the floor

And if they put another figure in there which they never do -
the cost of running the stations I think you will find that
Radio 3 is right up the top
There has always been a belief in the higher echelons of
the BBC that the only forms of music that matter are
classical and jazz. As a result Radio 3 is sacrosanct

martinw