Tom R & Recording iPlayer Radio

Richard Fewster r.fewster@...
Sun Jun 13 23:25:51 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I trust many of you will have heard Our Tom's debut Friday night shows on
6Music. In particular, I thought last Friday's show to be quite wonderful -
the first night nerves were gone and the music selection just stunningly
good. Really the best thing I've heard since Peel - my notebook is full of
things to investigate.

Anyway, such was the quality of the show I would like to record it for
posterity. I was wondering if anyone had any clever methods for recording
iPlayer shows? I used to be able to rip the shows in the Real Player stream
pre-iPlayer days using Streambox, but this doesn't seem possible any longer.

Thanks in advance, and my thanks to all who continue to share such fantastic
old Peel recordings and lovingly maintain the priceless Wiki. Perhaps in 50
years time a similarly obsessive band of enthusiasts will do all this for
Ravenscroft junior?

Cheers

Richard F