[peel] Re: New Tracklisting

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Wed Jul 21 00:37:21 CEST 2010

>Sorry if I'm being a bit naive but what's the position as far as
>copyright material is concerned?

The members of this group have no rights to any of this material
The BBC have the rights to Peel's voice but not to any of the music
The BBC have Internet rights to stream any program for 7 days after
broadcast that is all.
The rights to the music in the shows goes to whoever the rights to
the music.  Usually this would be the record company that put the
record out or that the artist was signed to if a session.  If the artist
wasn't signed to a company then it belongs to the musicians
It is to make it unrealistic for the record companies to chase
this up that there is no central repository for these files  (it would
be like putting a target on your back) and that the files are scattered
around
People have been unscathed so far and we all hope it stays that way
but make no bones about it what this group is doing is illegal even
if known to some people in the BBC

martinw