14/07/1981 Show - Reggae Tracks Identification

ken_garner ken_garner@...
Tue Jan 26 13:49:18 CET 2010

...that's right: Peel /Radio 1 was simulcast on FM by the old BBC Radio London from 8.30pm in the early eighties (83-85 for me), because the station closed down at that time  and "joined Radio 2 on FM". I remember listening to Black Londoners with Alex Pascall, a bit of politics, then it joined David Jensen on R1 (in FM!) at 8.30, and Peel came along at ten...

BBC RADIO LONDON schedule in 1981
(from
http://wapedia.mobi/en/BBC_GLR )

0630-0900 Rush Hour with Susie Barnes and John Waite
0900-1000 Morning Star
1000-1230 The Robbie Vincent Telephone Programme
1230-1240 Lunchtime News
1240-1430 Total Music Show with Tony Fish
1430-1700 Tony Blackburn
1700-1715 Evening News
1715-1830 Music on the Move
1830-1900 Speech programmes