[peel] JP Clip From 1977/78

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Mon Jan 25 21:38:10 CET 2010

Definately 1978. Sounds like it was taped from broadcast in real time with
one finger "poised over the pause button" rather than edited down from a
full recording of the show - otherwise why leave snippets of Peel's links in?

Tracks from The Stranglers' "Black and White" LP were played on May 10th
1978. The tracks in this show are the last 3 on side 1 of the album, so I
reckon that dates the show to one of the following:

May 10th 1978 (anyone know if he played the whole first side of "Black &
White" in this show?)
May 11th 1978

The Lurkers "Fulham Fallout" LP and the Tights' single both came out
slightly later than this, and that's about right as Peel would have been sent
upfront copies by any up & coming punk bands. Shame there isn't more of Peelie
on there - our taper seems only interested in the punk tracks - if he'd
recorded any session tracks we'd be better able to date the show.

Cheers!

Rocker