[peel] Re: Punk Prog 10/12/76; New Wave Prog 29/8/77; '77 Sessions 21/12/77

Susi Maxwell-Stewart susioddball2k@...
Sat Jan 9 11:44:58 CET 2010

i also remember the venue in Kentish Town and one in Holloway Road Islington being a punk venue

________________________________
From: Stuart Mchugh <stuart@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, 9 January, 2010 10:40:49
Subject: [peel] Re: Punk Prog 10/12/76; New Wave Prog 29/8/77; '77 Sessions 21/12/77

Was reminding myself of something - that the first Stranglers live album (X-cert) was recorded mainly at the Roundhouse - so I wondered if the recordings might have come from or ended up on that. But my trawl through the web suggests that there's a lot of live recordings from that venue including a lot of official(ish) albums as well as boots - from the Pink Fairies and XRay Spex through to the Dresden Dolls. Suppose they must have had a fairly religious process of recording everyone that played at their venue. A bit like the people here with Peel shows I suppose...

Stuart

Ken

>I think one of the Stranglers tracks is from the Roundhouse, and was a kind of trailer for the later show.  The rest will be from their session.
>

>Regards
>Kevin

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e: editor@isthismusic. com