Punk Prog 10/12/76; New Wave Prog 29/8/77; '77 Sessions 21/12/77

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Sat Jan 9 11:40:49 CET 2010

Was reminding myself of something - that the first Stranglers live
album (X-cert) was recorded mainly at the Roundhouse - so I wondered
if the recordings might have come from or ended up on that. But my
trawl through the web suggests that there's a lot of live recordings
from that venue including a lot of official(ish) albums as well as
boots - from the Pink Fairies and XRay Spex through to the Dresden
Dolls. Suppose they must have had a fairly religious process of
recording everyone that played at their venue. A bit like the people
here with Peel shows I suppose...

Stuart

> Ken
>
> I think one of the Stranglers tracks is from the Roundhouse, and
> was a kind of trailer for the later show.  The rest will be from
> their session.
>
> Regards
> Kevin

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e:
editor@...