Punk Prog 10/12/76; New Wave Prog 29/8/77; '77 Sessions 21/12/77

Kevin singletons@...
Fri Jan 8 10:57:00 CET 2010

Thanks to all who responded to my previous post asking how to upload
stuff.  Here are the results (all 192K mp3's).

Punk Programme - 10 December 1976

My recording of this legendary show is complete with no gaps or tape
turns.  The upload is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KAM1HQSR
<http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KAM1HQSR>

The track listing is here:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_December_1976
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/10_December_1976>

New Wave Programme - 29 August 1977

This 2 hour show is almost as legendary, and shows how much things had
moved on in less than a year.  My recording is complete except for:

- A few seconds missing in the middle of Squeeze: Model and Slaughter &
The Dogs: The Bitch, where the tape got chewed.

- A fade out at the end of Generation X: Youth Youth Youth, before I
turned the tape over.

- Perhaps a minute missing at the end, when the tape ran out.

The upload is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0W65TQ3F
<http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0W65TQ3F>

Hopefully someone can fill in the gaps and upload a complete version.

The track listing is here:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_August_1977
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/29_August_1977>

77 Sessions - 21 December 1977

This 2 hour show was composed exclusively of sessions recorded in 1977
by bands who made their debut on the show in that year.  "Sessions" is
used slightly loosely, as it includes a recording of the Stranglers at
the Roundhouse.  I have 85 minutes of it.  The upload is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=966WC1Q0
<http://www.megaupload.com/?d=966WC1Q0>

This show is not yet described on the Peel wiki.  The tracklisting for
my recording, with the obvious gaps and glitches indicated, is below.
Apologies for these – I was trying to fit a 2 hour show onto a C90
tape, and also missed the beginning.  Can anyone fill in the gaps?  It
would be interesting to know which bits I liked even less than Sham
69...

[gap]

Motors: Bring In The Morning Light

Wreckless Eric: Semaphore Signals

Tom Robinson Band: We Ain't Gonna Take It

[gap]

Sham 69: Borstal Breakout

Stranglers: Something Better Change

Rich Kids: Bulletproof Lover

Siouxsie & The Banshees: Suburban Relapse

Buzzcocks: Pulsebeat

Generation X: Day By Day

[glitch, possible gap]

Sham 69: Rip Off

Wreckless Eric: Go The Whole Wide World

Stranglers: Goodbye Toulouse

Tom Robinson Band: Long Hot Summer

[tape turned over and fade in to]

Siouxsie & The Banshees: Mirage

Rich Kids: Rich Kids

Sham 69: Hey Little Rich Boy

Buzzcocks: Fast Cars

Generation X: Youth Youth Youth

[glitch, possible gap]

Motors: Emergency

Siouxsie & The Banshees: Love In A Void

Wreckless Eric: Rags And Tatters

Sham 69: Don't Understand

Tom Robinson Band: Don't Take No For An Answer

Stranglers: Hanging Around

Rich Kids: Young Girls

Buzzcocks: What Do I Get

[gap]

The original recordings were made on a good hi-fi with a good roof
aerial, but to cheap tape.  They have been transferred to PC with Magix
Audio Cleaning Lab SE 2008, via the headphone socket of a modest JVC
mini hi fi.  If people don't like the quality of the transfers,  please
let me know and I will lend the tapes to someone with better kit.
(Roger Carruthers has already offered.)

Regards

Kevin Singleton