[peel] New Wave Prog 29/8/77

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Thu Jan 7 15:29:39 CET 2010

Hi Kevin - welcome to the group.

As regards format we normally recommend FLAC to keep as an archive copy, or
WAV if you have enough disc space, since with these formats there is no
loss of quality due to file compression.

However these files generally are too big for online distribution, so to
share with the group we generally use mp3s at a decent bitrate ie 192 / 320.

We'd certainly be grateful if you could share whatever unedited Peel show
stuff you may have!

If you join something like Rapidshare or Mediafire or Megaupload then you
will be given a link to whatever you upload to their servers - you can then
message the group with the link so that members can download the files.

Generally these services are either time-limited, or have a fixed number of
downloads, so it pays to download as soon as you get the link!

It is probably a good idea not to have these files online permanently due
to the small possibility that the copyright police may become interested,
usually it is record companies or publishers that own the rights to the
individual tracks played by Peelie.

Cheers!

Rocker