[peel] Re: New Wave Prog 29/8/77

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Thu Jan 7 15:23:47 CET 2010

Hi Kevin.

Welcome to the group.

mp3 is the usual format for show sharing.

If you upload the file to one of the file sharing sites, it will give you a download link when the process is complete. Just pop back on here and send the group a message with the link and voila! Somebody will update the wiki with the link shortly afterwards, I'm sure.

Looking forward to hearing it.

Regards,

Dr Mango

--- On Thu, 7/1/10, Kevin and Alison Singleton <singletons@...> wrote:

From: Kevin and Alison Singleton <singletons@...>
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: New Wave Prog 29/8/77
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 7 January, 2010, 12:37

Eddie

I've been there already - it's how I found my way
to this group.  Torrents of the "8 of 17" compilation seem to be
available, but the other links don't work on my PC.

I have 99% of the show.  Before the
tape was chewed, I was missing only the last few seconds of Anarchy in the
UK, which finished the show, plus any subsequent outro from the great man.
I'm now also missing a few seconds in the middle of both Squeeze:Model and
Slaughter & The Dogs:The Bitch (not a great loss in either case, to be
honest).

If of interest I also have the 1 hour
punk prog from 10/12/76, complete with no breaks, and a 90 minute tape (which I
guess is not complete) of John Peel '77 Sessions from 21/12/77.

I'm sure I can figure out for myself how to do an
upload, but how do I then make it available to the group?  Or will this be
obvious when I do it?  What format would people prefer?

Regards
Kevin