[peel] Brevity is of the essence

Stuart stuartb@...
Tue Dec 28 16:27:52 CET 2010

I use Download Accelerator Plus, which once installed, adds a new
right-click menu option - "Download with DAP" or, handy for directories,
"Download all with DAP". The Mooo and Tinyurl type links all resolve
themselves fine into a download, and as it uses multiple connections, is
usually a lot faster than a standard download and easier to pick up if for
some reason the download is interrupted.

jDownloader is the best to use for automatically stacking up downloads from
Rapidfire type sites, as it does all the tedious logging in, waiting for x
seconds and Captcha recognition for you.

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger
Carruthers
Sent: 28 December 2010 13:15
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Brevity is of the essence

I've been getting some weird stuff from Wiki links too recently; often if
you click on a link, it just says "now leaving Wikia", and then nothing
happens.
The normal 'ctrl-click > 'download linked file' doesn't work either, but
what does work is ctrl-click > 'copy address' and pasting that into a new
page - strange, but true,
Cheers
Roger