[peel] Couple of new partial 1987 shows

Stuart stuartb@...
Thu Aug 12 01:55:18 CEST 2010

Alan

Quality control lapse there. I normally copy my track listings from my
spreadsheet, which was created many years ago, from my handwritten database
of recorded songs. Sometimes the spellings were inaccurate, I just wrote
down what I thought JP had said.

When I wikify these tapes now, I put them through discogs to get full record
label details and often realise at that point that I got the spelling wrong.

Obviously I forgot to double check the spellings of the session tracks on
this occasion!

BUT - I notice Discogs spells the track Indoitasei so I am convinced that
'Ndoita Sei?' comes from the session notes, as that spelling has been picked
up both by Ken and by the BBC web team, and the question mark must have
originated from the session engineers at the time, before True Jit was
released and the true spelling became apparent.

Incidentally on my spreadsheet and handwritten notes I had laboured for 24
years under the delusion that track 16 on my mixtape
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Mostly_Peel_Spring_1986  was a ditty named "Seven
Out Of Ten"  by the combo known as "The Rochdale Judge" ....

I don't suppose you have listened to my February 1986 compilation
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Peel_February_1986 as the 4th track on that I
have not been able to identify - it sounds very Electric Prunesy and I feel
it is one that I should know as it seems to be one  of those 60s pebbly
garage standards?

Stuart

  _____