Peel Early Dec 1983

Stuart stuartb@...
Thu Apr 22 02:21:53 CEST 2010

One of my favourite compilation tapes of the time. Just could not believe how good the Birthday Party were, and the two Fall tracks did as much to turn me on to the band as any others. Also one of the best Iggy Pop tracks.
Most tracks are from 12 December 1983 and 13 December 1983 and the Nightingales and Meteors sessions are complete.
Sound quality is good considering the recording equipment, a mono portable cassette recorder attached to a mono FM SW radio!

Stuart

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Peel_Early_Dec_1983