Session request...please!

so_it_goes_2512 so_it_goes_2512@...
Sun Sep 27 03:00:26 CEST 2009

Hi Martin

Thanks for the response! I really look forward to receiving these. Yes, you're right, the EJ was a Wednesday show, and from what I can see, it was never repeated, so I'm not holding out much hope for that. As I said, a long shot: in fact, one writer about the other session on that CD thinks that the only reason they put the DLT Sunday show session out was because the masters for the first session were 'lost'.
Or perhaps they're in some collector's hands, because in one of the shows put up by B, John talks about the session tapes, and says that originally the BBC was only allowed to keep them for three months after transmission as part of the contract with the artist, and after this time had elapsed were often put in a skip outside and people helped themselves to what they wanted, which is pretty incredible. Can you confirm the truth of this, Ken?

Best wishes
Steve [TK]