500 Box: Update

mantoid2 stuartb@...
Sun Sep 6 03:19:57 CEST 2009

Totally echo that sentiment. Just last week on the road I commanded my Ipod to play a random show (It happened to be a Radio Eins broadcast from 23rd Oct 2003) and was totally blowm away by the first track, by Hellfish. Would never have found that in the infinite sea that is Spotify without the great man's divining powers..

It's hard to accept that there are possibly some shows lost forever, there must be so many out there who have long forgotten shows and fragments of shows on tapes up in lofts/attics/sheds......

I consider myself an absolute Peel fanatic yet have only discovered the Mailing List and Wikia in the last few weeks so there must be a lot more like me out there! So that should give us hope. All the music in the world is a much less valuable cultural artefact than a subset distilled through the unrivalled selective powers off our hero.

Planning to upload a lot of my recorded tracks and sessions  from the 80s and 90s but unfortunately do not have many (if indeed any) complete shows ... but will do what I can for the cause.