500 Box: Update

colin bray colinbray@...
Sun Sep 6 00:19:59 CEST 2009

Dear friends,

I thought it was time an update was sent out on the 500 Box, things having stalled for a while until Steve's upload of today.

Briefly, the 500 Box actually contains just over 540 tapes dating from 1988 to 2004. Very few shows exist pre-1992 and these have now been digitised. Every year in the period 1992-2004 is well-represented except 2002.

At the latest estimate the box will eventually contribute 204 complete or partial shows not otherwise available online. The strongest period is 1994-1996 with several dozen previously unavailable shows for each of those years. I had hoped to include the spreadsheet of these shows as an attachment but suffered an Excel meltdown earlier this evening that brought tears to my eyes and despair to my soul - that will now follow at a later date.

Shows should now appear fairly regularly. I have recently acquired the ability to rip shows directly and the fine Steve Teenage Kicks will continue to edit, write wiki entries and post the shows. From now on we intend to move through the Box in chronological order.

Thank you to everybody who posts shows, through them I've continued to discover music that continues to astonish and delight.

Best wishes,

Colin.