[peel] Re: Yet More 400 Box - This time 1985

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Sat Oct 10 21:55:22 CEST 2009

At 18:42 10/10/2009, you wrote:

>My 400 box tracks didn't sound slow when I played them back so either my
>deck is running fast and compensating or yours is slow!! Of some of the
>other tapes from my old collection recorded on various decks I#'ve had to
>either reduce speed by 2% or increase by 1.5%.
>How did you seal the tapes back up?
>
>(repost as the message didn't go into the emailed version)

Tapes that are 25 years old (and often cheap ones at that) do tend to
distort over time.
Many of them may have been recorded on cheap tape decks as well

It's a wonder most of them are still playable
It's nearly 10 years since I began to panic over mine and started to
switch them to computer files

martinw