Yet More 400 Box - This time 1985

robf robfleay@...
Sat Oct 10 00:03:54 CEST 2009

My 6th batch of tapes is finally finished.

20 tapes but only 14 shows, as most of this batch were taped over C-46 promo copies of the Mari Wilson & The Wilsations "Born Lucky" album (quality is variable due to tape mould issues). One tape had no Peel content.
Sadly no complete shows.

Quite a lot of "one session wonders" (as Ken might call them) in this batch. Were they more common in 1985 or is it just coincidence? Also one of the shows (26 March 1985) has a Nightingales repeat session that isn't listed in the show index of Ken's Book.

1985 was about 18 months before I started listening to Peel and I was shocked by how much goth stuff he was playing. By the time I became a regular listener he'd stopped playing it completely so you might say I had a lucky escape.

The links are all at the foot of the Wiki Pages, or alternately, my mediafire folder with ALL the 400 Box shows I've ripped is here
http://tinyurl.com/6zog77

====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/23_January_1985
City Limits Crew & The Mutant Rockers 1st & only Session and The Triffids 1st Session
01:32:41
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_January_1985
Persuaders 1st & only Session and Echo & The Bunnymen 5th Session
00:46:06
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/05_February_1985
Minimal Compact 1st & only Session and The Beat 2nd Session
01:01:08
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_February_1985
City Limits Crew & The Mutant Rockers 1st & only Session and The Cure 5th Session
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_February_1985
Big Flame 2nd Session and Altered Images 3rd Session
00:44:33
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/04_March_1985
Dawn Chorus & The Blue Tits 1st & only Session and The Jesus & Mary Chain 2nd Session
00:44:31
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/06_March_1985
Maxi Priest 1st & only Session and Persuaders 1st & Only Session
01:48:12
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/11_March_1985
Nightingales 7th Session and Scala Timpani 1st & Only Session
00:44:26
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/26_March_1985
The Men They Couldn't Hang 2nd Session
00:44:24
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/01_May_1985
Pink Peg Slax 2nd Session and Strawberry Switchblade 2nd Session
01:03:15
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/07_May_1985
Guana Batz 4th Session and Vibes 1st & Only Session
01:03:11
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/13_May_1985
Xmal Deutschland 4th Session and Boothill Foot Tappers 2nd Session
01:31:45
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/15_May_1985
Yeah Yeah Noh 2nd Session and The Room 4th Session
00:45:55
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/20_May_1985
Misty In Roots 7th Session and Pink Peg Slax 2nd Session
01:32:20
====

Happy Peel Day everybody!