[peel] Re: 400 Box and other observations

Roger Carruthers unity.gain@...
Thu Oct 8 19:17:38 CEST 2009

I¹ve yet to put any of my 400 box rips up as mp3¹s ­ and I¹m on my 5th
batch. I¹d just got started with the .mp3 conversions when I lost a hard
drive containing my first two batches; I¹m hoping to recover the drive, but
if not, I¹ve asked Rocker to return the DVD¹s (or copies thereof) so I can
do them.
 In the meantime, I¹ve started encoding to both mp3 and .flac with the
latest batch (which I received last week), though obviously this slows
things down a bit.
 The reason I delayed the mp3 conversion, was that I was looking to do a bit
of batch sweetening, but it doesn¹t look like a very practical option, so
I¹ll probably just get on with straightforward batch conversion, which will
be a lot quicker.
You can see from the XL sheet on the Wiki which were my batches, so if
anyone has any particular preferences (wasn¹t someone asking for May Œ83, or
something?), give me a shout,
Cheers
Roger