Peel On Saturdays...Mid 70s

ken_garner ken_garner@...
Tue Nov 17 01:22:49 CET 2009

Yes, this was this short-lived show:

St 4/1/75 – St 20/9/75 R1 5-6.30pm ROCK WEEK 'John Peel with news, views and comment on the Rock Week' produced by John Walters

(the show of this name I think had existed before with Gambo presenting, as one night of Sounds of the Seventies, in its last 18 months, 73-74 ish before that was axed at the end of 74 (Thursday? Friday? 10-12 midnight?)

I wonder if any tapes of these Peel Rock Weeks will ever show up? (somewhat unlikely).

I think Bill and Colin of this parish were telling us last year (and playing us) some of these increasingly bizarre trailers Walters and Peel used to make for broadcast during Fluff's show, and I think they also used to trail his weeknight show as well...