Completists - how do you store and play all your shows?

Eddie Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Fri Nov 13 15:12:53 CET 2009

Hi Stuart,

I do indeed keep everything, on a 1Tb external disk which I sporadically back up to another one. One of these days I'll stretch to a RAID 5 setup, but not just yet.

My original idea was to burn my collection to disc once I had everything that was out there to be downloaded & traded, but that was a wee bit naïve of me. There's been such a relentless amount of stuff that a) it's a constantly moving target, so that a DVD set would be out of date as soon as I burnt it; and b) the set would now stretch to (ulp) *66* DVDs. :-o

Usually when I'm at working (from home) I'll have something playing on the laptop, which is very often a Peel show. Or I'll listen in the car to my MP3 Walkman plugged into the car stereo. This will be loaded up with a few of my fancies for that week, and there'll quite often be a Peel show somewhere in the mix.

Eddie.